How this whole thing started....

If you've stumbled onto this blog you've probably realized there isn't much information available concerning the repair and restoration of these beloved Esco statues. After buying many of these figures and receiving them in badly damaged condition due to the demolition derby known as USPS Parcel Select shipping, I set out to see if I could restore these former gems to something worth keeping and displaying. After many hours and failed repairs, I've gotten the hang of it and now fix Escos as a hobby.


This blog will document my efforts and I'll be posting pictures and updates of statues I've fixed and others I'm working on.


Some of the statues pictured here have been sold and some will be offered for sale, but most of these have simply been added to my rapidly growing collection.


Esco Statue Price guidance.


I have tracked the sales prices of Esco statues on ebay for years and plan to create a price guide when time allows. For now, if you want my opinion of the value of a statue or if you want to know how much to bid or offer your statue for sale, feel free to ask. Include a picture or link if possible.


I can be contacted at kyddshop@comcast.net.

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Esco John Wayne gets a new hat

The Duke arrived with a broken hat brim.  Other than this he was in great condition with nary a blemish on his skin tones.



The hat was a very easy fix as it was a clean break.


The Esco John Wayne is one of the few statues that looks really good with a rugged complexion.  It also has more life-like facial detail than most.  

I touched up the Duke's hair, gun and holster, but otherwise he remains all original.


2 comments:

  1. Hi! I have one John Wayne that looks exactly like yours. The hat broke in the same place. PLEASE, what material did you use? This is something I would like to do as a hobby, but I have no idea how to start. Thank you very much beforehand. Please, if possible, e-mail me at talkltalk@yahoo.com. -> TALK-L-TALK. I am not sure how to retrieve your answer through this website. -Laimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have received many inquiries centering on the theme of "help me, what do I do?"
    I learned by trial and error which is admittedly not the most efficient method. I'm happy to help with your repair if possible, but please ask more specific questions as there is no simple answer to where to start.

    ReplyDelete